Taughannock Falls

Taughannock Falls
from: althouse.blogspot.com

Friday, September 17, 2010

Fair and balanced!?!?


The other day I went to the laundromat. I remembered my hangers and detergent, but somehow forgot to bring my book. Thus I found myself actually watching Fox News on the T.V. While I've seen countless outrageous clips on various lefty and moderate websites, I never truly believed it could be as hyper-partisan as people claimed. Well, it turns out they're right. The entire time my clothes were washing and drying the Fox "News" Channel engaged in unabashed Republican cheerleading. The only two exceptions to this rule were: 1) a brief non-political story about rebuilding a flood-damaged Nashville hotel, and 2) an interview with a "Blue Dog" Democrat who explained why she must vote with the Republicans on extending the Bush Tax cuts, for Americans earning over $250,000/year. When you consider the substance of the Arizona "Democrat"'s comments, and the emphasis on the "strong Christian values" that sustained the Nashville hotel folks in their time of trouble, it would be accurate to say that this sample of the Fox "News" broadcast day was all Republican, all the time. I now am convinced that those of my fellow bloggers who routinely watch and report on this propaganda machine, every day, are truly heroic. Another half-hour of that drivel might have been enough to send me clear around the bend! And I didn't even have to deal with Glenn Beck...

1 comment:

kendradl33 said...

Whenever I visit aunt Susie's house the T.V. is turned to Fox. OMG it's so bad I want to leave the family!