Taughannock Falls

Taughannock Falls
from: althouse.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Waiting for Action


Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi just paid a brief visit to our little state of Rhode Island, as the guest of my Congressman, Patrick Kennedy. Their public words simply confirmed my gratitude that two such fine people serve our country in Washington D.C. Nonetheless, neither one of them wanted to grapple with the ever-worsening Constitutional crisis, provoked by Cheney-Bush's insane power-grabs, stonewalling, and blatant lies.


As a human being, I fully understand their reticence. As an alarmed citizen, I'm losing patience with the entire Congress. This last week may have seen the beginning of a more assertive chapter in the legislature's history of struggles with the executive. If not, we the people will have to speak up loud and clear during the August recess about the House and Senate's duty to defend our U.S. Constitution!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel that Congress shouldn't even take an August recess this year! I mean, how can they just leave in the middle of this showdown with the White House?