Taughannock Falls

Taughannock Falls
from: althouse.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 24, 2011

A prayer from St. Francis of Assisi

This is one of my favorite prayers from St. Francis, particularly appropriate for the Thanksgiving holiday:

"Praised be You my Lord with all Your creatures,
especially Sir Brother Sun,
Who is the day through whom You give us light.
And he is beautiful and radiant with great splendour,
Of You Most High, he bears the likeness.

Praised be You, my Lord, through Sister Moon and the stars,
In the heavens you have made them bright, precious and fair.

Praised be You, my Lord, through Brothers Wind and Air,
And fair and stormy, all weather's moods,
by which You cherish all that You have made.

Praised be You my
Lord through Sister Water,
So useful, humble, precious and pure.

Praised be You my
Lord through Brother Fire,
through whom You light the night and he is beautiful and playful and robust and strong.

Praised be You my
Lord through our Sister,
Mother Earth
who sustains and governs us,
producing varied fruits with coloured flowers and herbs.
Praise be You my
Lord through those who grant pardon for love of You and bear sickness and trial.

Blessed are those who endure in peace, By You Most High, they
will be crowned."

Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Motivated In Ohio said...

Wonderful pray for Thanksgiving. I hope you had a good day. I am still having a turkey hangover.