Taughannock Falls

Taughannock Falls
from: althouse.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hello again!!

I hope my Leftsider friends are all doing well. The past couple of weeks have been a bit stressful for me, both because of personal issues and because of the intensity of the just-ended Verizon strike. As we often do, I clung to a piece of proverbial wisdom to help me through this rough time. "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!"

All of us in the bottom 98% have been pelted with lemons for years. Every new outrage seems worse than the last. Yet my experiences with the Verizon stike have convinced me that regular folks are eager to learn a new revolutionary lemonade recipe. People on the street were stopping by to share with workers their own analysis of corporate failures, and intelligent ways to help form a new, more honest system that works for all people.

Is our system already too broken to be fixed? Stay tuned for more thoughts on that question later...

4 comments:

Ulysses said...

Thanks again, brothers and sisters, for your kind patience!!

Motivated In Ohio said...

We missed you, but glad you are out fighting. I went all Biblical Prophet posting today. Cletis will be posting a couple of the ones where I was the most fired up. I heard Rubio talking about how Medicare and Social Security made people lazy, and off I went. Told a tea party member that his group was an abomination. Oh well, I am not usually quite so fired up. Glad you are back.

Ulysses said...

Glad to be back Motivated, my favorite fiery buckeye!!

Cletis said...

Things are not getting better but things are being made better by men like you. Proud to know you.